Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day...Bring on the "Heat"

Happy Independence Day to my fellow American friendlies!

I have a happy day off from work today, which is always welcome for a break and sleeping in. 
The sun is doing its best to poke it's head out of the overcast skies...hoping this constant rain will be at an end now. We are thoroughly water-logged.

Last evening I had a super-fun time with good friends.
We hung out, snapped as many pics as we could and ate yummy food.
We talked about lots of things, laughed a whole bunch
and then traipsed across Main Street to catch a flick.

We watched The Heat with Sandra Bullock (really, really funny, although very profanity-laced)

I am enjoying these last weeks with those I love, appreciate and cherish as much as I possibly can.

This afternoon, I get to spend time with the family for some poolside time, provided those rainclouds stay away...
then maybe off to the beach tonight for fireworks...

What are you doing? Anything special this day?







7 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day!

    And all that rain is just preparing you for England...only it will be colder here...sorry... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there girly! You are so right! I need to prepare myself for all the rain I'm going to be in for...Hmmm....rain plus cold is kind of a bummer but it will just give me the excuse to buy some really nice warm clothes :)Thanks so much!

      Delete
    2. Well we're in for the British version of a heatwave this week so it's not all bad all the time, I promise! ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow, I really need to catch up on your blog! I've missed everything about England! I hope you have a great Independence Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Lauren! Yes, I'm quite excited about my upcoming travels. Lots to prep for...and I'm no where near where I need to be in getting everything together yet aghhhh. I hope you have a lovely 4th of July as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Lucky you - going to England. How epically cool. :)

    Looks like you had a lovely evening out, Jeanine - great pics. Thought The Heat look hilarious but yeah, all that profanity would be a turn-off. That one will be a rental, not seeing it at the cinema. :)

    Happy (belated) Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, I do feel incredibly blessed for this door to be open to me at this time :) It's exciting and hard all at the same time...leaving family and friends and everything...but I know in my heart it is absolutely right...although it did take me 6 years to get to this "ready" point :)God's timing is always super better than our own, even if I may have not understood it at the time...

      And thank you! I hope you had a wonderful holiday as well :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...