Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Countdown begins...

Yes, I'm still alive! I can't tell you how mad crazy life has been over the past month! Hence my silence...Very soon though, my blog will be a hum with all new experiences...provided I get my bum in gear and everything I need like financial support and travel paperwork and applications come through.

I basically sacked most of my belongings, and or gave them away, or am in the process of selling off my remaining items in preparation for leaving in exactly 11 weeks and 2 days.

I moved out of my apartment since my lease was up and moved in with my gracious Aunty once again for these next couple months.

When one is preparing to leave one's country for an extended period of time -which I will be for the minimum of two years (it's open ended so I'm there as long as God wants me there!) well, for sure, there is so much to think about and try to put in order.

I am a notorious procrastinator when it comes to getting my things together. Just ask my former apartment mates/siblings and they will tell you I waited until two days prior to move out date to pack.

However I have roughly 11 weeks to go and I plan on using my time wisely.

Three things I am trying  NOT to think about:

1. My visa not coming through in enough time. Yikes bikes, please pray I get it before the 11 weeks (I bought my plane ticket already!)

2. Leaving my family and friends AND Mr. Pancks for who knows how long!

3. How I am going to stuff everything I need and want to bring with me into two suitcases and a carry on and not have it weigh 200 lbs??? Do you know how many shoes I own??

Happy Weekend!!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!! Oddly enough, I'll be heading over to London in about 12 weeks for a short short week :) I'm praying for you girlie! So many new adventures are ahead of you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emily! Oh my garsh---how exciting that you are headed over there too! Too bad it wasn't a little bit later because then we could have met up! How crazy cool would that have been?! :) Safe travels and enjoy your travels immensely!

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness! You have been busy and will be busier yet! But I have faith everything will work out great and in 11 weeks you'll be winging your way across the ocean happily. :) Such a grand adventure ahead of you!

    Seriously, I am thrilled to bits for you, Jeannine. I will absolutely be praying for all on that list. God is amazing and He's led you this far. I know He's holding everything about this move of yours in His hands. Hang in there and try not to stress too much. (I know. Easier said than done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kara- you are so sweet and I appreciate your encouragement and prayers and well wishes enormously!!!!!! It's easy to stray into "worry-land" but I am trying to hold onto that very fact-that God has led me this far...he's not about to abandon me now! :)) Thank you :))I needed to hear that!

      Delete
  3. OMG, I am so excited for you! In 11 weeks you will be moving to the UK. You may even find your husband there. I look forward to reading about your adventures there once you have landed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you girl! Thank you for your sweet words...while I am not going to be "looking" I suppose one never can tell what may happen as far as on the Mr. Right front...Only God knows!! haha :)

      Delete
  4. Packing sooo much fun (sarcasm!). "Yay yay yay! You're leaving the USA!" I just made that up!! Has your visa come in yet? It'll take a lot of pain and tears but fitting your life into two suitcases is possible, and by that I mean you will have to get rid of a lot of shoes! But never fear, Penneys will save you! It's a British company after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah you crack me up girl...we should seriously try to meet up once over there when you go back home...while not super close, you're not too far...and you can show me all around :) HOw fun would that be?? I love your rhyme haha and thank you for your wise words...I fear most of the shoes will have to go :) Visa is in process, pray that it comes in time! I didn't know Pennies was over there?? Fantastic!!

      Delete
  5. Awaiting important documentation like visas IS so nerve wracking. I feel ya on that!!
    But this adventure awaiting you is so exciting :)
    ThAnks a million for your sweet comment about my upcoming trip too! As always I appreciate it :)
    Can't wait to follow your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taylor! You are very welcome and I meant it! And yes, it is very nerve wracking having to wait!! Aghhh...trying really hard not to think about it...and mostly failing :) Can't wait to follow your trip too girly! :)

      Delete
  6. She's alive!

    Glad to see your updates around here, Jeanine. Wow, so... big changes coming for you. Hope everything goes well and you enjoy this time in your life. Keeping my fingers crossed your visa arrives in plenty of time (or maybe it already has!).

    Who could leave their shoes behind!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I'm still here! :) And yes, very big changes, for sure...I've got so much to do it's hard to know which areas to attend to first...I think lists will become my best friend in this time...lots of lists :)

      My shoes will be sad, to be left behind :( haha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...