Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Call To Missions part 1


A few years back, I participated in a life changing 6-month Youth With A Mission (YWAM) Discipleship Training School (DTS) in England. This school aims at equipping  followers of Christ to serve more effectively in a variety of mission fields, helps the students to know and understand the things of God a little clearer and equips them to share their faith in a variety of ways . 


The training includes a time of bible study and growth, local weekly outreaches (both practical and evangelistic) and then a couple months of outreach in a foreign culture -for my outreach- it was off to Tanzania, East Africa. 


It was amazing and I grew and was stretched out of my comfort zone in so many ways. 
I believed at the end of this training school and missions program that God would lead me to partner up with YWAM as a missionary in the future. I just didn’t know when.

If you've followed this bloggy for any length of time, you will know the past couple years have seen many ups and downs for me. I have suffered the loss of my dear mother, went through times of extreme pressures coming at me from all directions...and I have been in what has felt like a long period of "waiting" on the Lord. 

When I finished my DTS, I wanted to go back out, to a nation-any nation that God would send me to and serve Him there. Love people in His name, help bring restoration to broken, hopeless lives and whatever else I could possibly do for Christ.

Instead, God told me no. Not yet. You're not ready.

And then came the dreaded word...

Wait.

Waiting is, by far, one of the hardest things on earth to stay content through. 

It's downright excruciating at times...ya know???

When nothing seems to be changing and all you can hear is the ticking of the clock...

Talk about stretching one's faith...

Is now the right time God?

No.

How about now? Am I ready to step out on the mission field in faith and accomplish amazing, earth shattering feats for you??? Huh, Lord? Huh?

You are already on the mission field. Live each day with eyes and ears ready to see and speak My words... And Love.  See my children who are all around you and who don't know who they really are. Love them, as Me. And Rest...

Wow...it's simple really. 

But a hard lesson to learn for someone who felt like she needed to keep doing lots of good things to gain His approval of me and not realizing that He couldn't be prouder of me just as I was, resting in and simply enjoying Him and learning to see others as He sees them.

Live life every day, in contentment and willingness to share His love with others.  

It's not about "doing" anything on a small or grand scale. 

It's realizing it has NOTHING, absolutely nothing to do with me.

It is all about Jesus.




So now, finally after getting this revelation! and learning to love living in this knowledge...

God is giving me the "go" ahead...

I feel the release and call of God to step out of a secure existence and accept the challenge of living a radical existence for His Kingdom on the overseas mission field, with an entirely new and fresh perspective. 

I will be devoting all of my time, talent, and treasure serving as a full-time missionary with YWAM  in Derby, England come this fall and I will be helping to staff an Urban Focused Discipleship Training School.

I have so much more I'd like to share with you... I hope you will stay tuned :)

for part 2...




 

16 comments:

  1. Oh Jeanine that is so wonderful! Reading this gave me goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Naomi :)I'm so happy you stopped by :)Hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  2. How exciting and wonderful and scary all at the same time! God's timing is always perfect, even when we don't know or understand what He's doing or why He says "wait". Oh how I know the feeling of "waiting"! All too well my friend. Excited for you, and will certainly be praying for you. Can't wait for part two! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I know exactly--excited and scared all at once :) But I'm resting in that knowledge that this is His will therefore everything will fall into place and I will be exactly where I am supposed to be because I'm where He wants me to be.

      Waiting, yes...not a perpetual state I'd wish on any friend or enemy :)) Thank you for your prayers too I am very grateful for them :) Thanks Kara!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is really exciting Jeanine! I look forward to reading part 2 and hearing more about it! I have a few friends who work for YWAM, and many others who have done a DTS and their stories are amazing, but thank you for reminding us that God wants us to serve in the here and now and that wherever we are He wants us to work for His Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girly :) I can't wait to share more with you. I wonder how far a part we will be! Maybe not too far and I can visit you :)

      Delete
    2. Sorry for my late reply to this Jeanine. Derby is quite a way from me - I live on the south coast, but I would love to arrange a meet up at some point when you're over here! If you get a few days free when you can come to London then we could definitely arrange something, and you'd also be welcome to come and see me in Sussex - there's lots of beautiful places to see here, so if you get a few days off then let me know! :) In the meantime, enjoy 'Mr Darcy Country', hehe!

      Delete
    3. Oh for sure, we shall have to try to meet up, I would LOVE that! Mr Darcy, country ehh??? not too shabby :)

      Delete
  4. OMG! What absolutely AMAZING news!!! I am so excited for you. I know how you feel because I am doing work for Christ as well. I was on retreat just this past weekend which included training. I am remaining stateside though for a while. I look forward to reading part 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am super psyched fellow sister in the trenches :)haha...that is fantastic that you are able to participate in training and become better equipped. Are you working for a particular ministry or church?

      Delete
  5. Yay!! I am so excited for you. This was a wonderful post and I am ready for part 2 now!! :) I know what you mean about waiting...I feel like I am in a waiting stage right now and it's so very difficult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! :)) Hang in there, too...as hard as it can be to wait, God tends to like to fill this time up with some amazing revelations and insights and I pray lots of blessing and grace over you to be able to soldier through it :)

      Delete
  6. Jeanine! I am so so excited for you! I can not wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amanda!!!! :) I appreciate that!

      Delete
  7. What great news! I've always been curious about YWAM. Come visit London! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fred! YWAM is such a wonderful group of people working towards advancing the spread of the Gospel...Are you in London, then?? That would be so much fun to meet up! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...