Monday, March 18, 2013

Food, Family and the Irish


Hope you had a lovely St. Patty's Day.

I did!! It was my grandmother's birthday.

And my sweet grandfather's too, just a few days before.

What to do?

Why, have a great big Corned Beef and Cabbage Birthday Feast!

So we're totally not Irish. At All. So just to make the day more culturally legit-
 
we threw in some Italian Cream Cake for good measure.

All were happy.


Delicioso!

I was so busy stuffing large quantities of this cake in my mouth that I forgot to snap a pic.

Pinterest has kindly obliged...

My sister, Jessica, made the fabulous meal. Props to her! She will be posting the recipe she used on her (new!!) bloggy.

Be sure to stop by and say hi! :) Bloom and Prose

Hope you have a simply marvy week! One down...4 more to go... (JK :)


6 comments:

  1. Aw...sounds like so much fun! And um, that cake sounds delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it was much fun. And that cake was just mad yum. Thanks for stopping by Jessica!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the mish mash of foods! Sounds like my kind of meal. Delicioso indeed! (I love that word by the way. It's so fun to say! I use it as often as I can, which isn't really that often but still. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that cake looks soooooo delicious , it is just too pretty!!! Glad you had a fun st, pattys day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I wish I could pop over for a bite of that cake! I also wish i had your email address so I could let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster award over at my blog!
    I hope you're able to participate! If not, it's not the end of the world, but I definitely wanted to let you know I love reading your blog and your genuine posts!

    Love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kara: It was quite "delicioso" Kara! No other word quite captures that feeling, right?? haha

    @Taylor: Thank you Taylor! It is always fun getting together with the fam! A little crazy sometimes but fun, fun :)

    @Kate: I wish you could too!! We would have so much fun, I know :)Thank you so much for the award!!! I am honored :)) I will try to post as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...