Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Allow me to introduce you to ITV's Mr. Selfridge

ITV's answer to BBC's The Paradise and written by Andrew Davies,
let me introduce you to, 

Mr. Selfridge

An exciting new 10-part period drama about the founder of the London department store, ehh hehm
the "real founder"...sorry Paradise...

It stars Jeremy Piven, in the lead role as the bold, uber confident American entrepreneur 
(aka “Mile a Minute Harry”) who in 1909, moves to London with his family and empowers the masses by offering them something never made available before in retail.


There are a lot of interesting dynamics going on so far and I have to say 
after viewing the first episode, I'm really looking forward to more!

Jeremy Piven is absolutely fantastic in this part and I think he plays it superbly. 
I was laughing out loud a number of times at some of his mannerisms...genius :)

The story follows a number of secondary plots as well; I'm quite interested in the shop girl's story (pictured in the pic just above) and there seems to be a bit of a mystery with her background...
keeping fingers crossed for further- hoped upon story-line with her and certain handsome gentleman... :)
but we shall see...too early to tell.

Some inter-departmental working conflicts to be had of course.

and much more...

Must put this one on your list though.

It is airing in the UK right now.
It will be airing in the US on PBS at some near future date---probably summer.

If you just can't wait...

check out the Tunnel Bear

That's how I am viewing it :) Let me know if you have any questions
and/or what your thoughts are on this new one!!

Happy Viewing.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this one very much! Hope it's as good as 'Paradise.' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, right?? I am hoping it will be as good too. So far, I like it! Keeping my fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started watching this today and really enjoyed it, but then I like most things written by Andrew Davies! I only managed to see one episode of 'The Paradise' and didn't find it engaging enough, but I got the impression that it got better as it went along, so I will probably catch up with it at some point. In the meantime I am just looking forward to the next episode of 'Mr Selfridge'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    I love your blog.
    please check out my blog on http://rockingtherunway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Fire Fairy: Yes, I think Paradise is worth another viewing or too...To me, it got better as it went. I am looking forward to getting caught up with the next two episodes of Mr. Selfridge tomorrow... yay :)

    @Liz: Thanks Liz! I will definitely check out your bloggy :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Do you know how to check if the content of your website is exclusive around the web and there is no such a person who is using it without your awareness?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...