Sunday, January 27, 2013

Grey Days to Glimmering Blog Party

 I joined the Bloggy party of the fabulous crafty designer - Kellie over at Accordion To Kellie
She has a wonderful shop here. So go on and check it out!

 Also link up if you get a chance--Couple days left!
Questions she posted to answer:
________
1)What's your favorite thing to do when you're feeling uninspired?
Sometimes getting out of the "sameness" of my routines is all I need
to help inspire me and clear the ole noggin of any staleness;
e.g.) Leaving my apartment and going for a nice, long walk 
on the beach or transporting myself elsewhere
through the route of well-crafted novel.

Sister and I :)
2) Tell us about a really great movie/show that you've just discovered.
Current new show that I have been enjoying is ITV's Mr. Selfridge  -airing on PBS(spring-ish 2013)
3)What do you like to do to change your mood?
Eating pastries and/or anything with an elevated sugar-to-pie crust ratio works wonders.

4)Your favorite drink is currently...
Starbucks' Caramel Apple Cider
5)When you hear the word exuberant, what's the first word that comes to mind?
For some reason, when I hear exuberant I think of a cascade of hopping yellow balloons.
Isn't this painting by Kendra Bard - exuberantly delightful??
6)What made you smile last?
The thought that I have a lovely weekend, stretched out before me to write and eat tacos and watch Downton Abbey and hang with people I really like :) and to be far away from the stresses of the work week- even for just a brief interlude.

7)What five songs would make a playlist to describe your week?
I don't know if it describes my week per se, but these are my current top 5 on shuffle:

8)What's at the top of your creative 'To-Do' list?
1. To get to the point where I am writing at least 5000 words in my novel a week

By *Cinnamon
10)Quickly - the first movie quote from the top of your head, please!
"No one wants your concertos, Mary. Play a jig!" -Mrs. Bennett
 
11)The best thing about
January is...
Fresh expectations and dreams for a new year- 
and reminded, never more than now, that anything is possible.

12)The worst thing about
January is...
 Hmm...I'd usually say the weather, but now that I live in Florida...
well, golly, sorry guys the weather is loveliness and in the 60-70's.
But I will say the roads down here are CRA-AZY with all the snowbirds...
It's never a good time when you find yourself stuck behind a cavalcade of slowly meandering cue-tips




13)What's your #1 resolution
for 2013?
 I may have written it recently a time or two or three or four on here,
but that's just to help cement the goal in my own mind, right??

 number one goal 
is to finish writing a novel by year's end.

14)Lastly, share a quote or verse that you've found especially inspiring lately.
Tolkien, you were a mad genius.
____________


This was a lot of fun! Props to Kellie for organizing her blogging parties so well.
It's not an easy thing!
I hope you will join up too, there are still two more days:
For a list of the questions and prizes and rules:
or
If you run out of time and/or don't have a bloggy, 
you can write some of your own responses in the comments below. 
I'd love to hear them!


5 comments:

  1. Love this! It seems we have a lot in common. I love Downton Abbey and your music taste is wonderful as well! :) Mr. Selfridge will be on PBS? I will have to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jessica: yay :) I knew we would haha...Oooh there is such good music out there right now, some of it you have to dig, dig a little for... :)

    And yes, I heard PBS will be airing Mr Selfridge but not for a little while...late spring maybe...I subscribe to Tunnelbear for 4.99/mo and that allows me to watch everything interesting that comes out on BBC and ITV on their actual websites-it's airing now! :) I'm too impatient and too much of a junkie to wait heehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an exuberantly delightful painting! Full of my favorite color. :) Aren't weekends just delightful? I'm a big fan of those breaks in our workweeks. And ah, Mrs. Bennett, always guaranteed to make you smile or shake your head. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kara: Isn't it exuberant?? I thought so. haha I love yellow. It's such a cheery happy color. And weekends??--yes, a necessary respite from the week, I only wish they were longer. *tear. Mrs. Bennett is insane. Can you imagine if she was your mother?? haha too funny :) Thanks so much for stopping by girly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really a delightful picture, the one with the balloons...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...