Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Blissful Pictures and a Heart Full of Thanks


Oh dear, it's amazing how time flies...

Life has been full of busy routines once again.

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving Holiday.

Mine was very special, as must be the case, when surrounded by friends and family :)

And food.

I love the chilly weather we have. It's true...Florida does get cold.

Not icy cold, mind you. My bones have trouble tolerating that kind of weather...Florida ruined me.

But it does get chilly enough down here that it just might have you racing to your wardrobes and closets for a snuggly sweater or blanket at the dawning and departing of each day.

My kind of weather.

My sister adorned our apartment will lovely Christmas cheer.

My mother's Christmas village, that us kids had built up over the many years by presenting her with one each Christmas, now resides with us.

I look at all the rows of quaint homes and shops and sometimes those pesky tears start piling up...reminded of our loss... but you know, also, I am just so grateful for all the fine memories that I can draw upon.

Lots and lots of good ones. So much love :)

Ohh and then there's the nutcrackers that stand at attention at their various stations.

Call me childish, but I still wish and wait sometimes, as the clock draws near to midnight, that maybe, just maybe, I might see a blink or two. Or a puff of breath escaping their slightly creepy, hinged mouths.

This is certainly a lovely time of year and there is so much to be thankful for.

I hope you take the opportunity to relish every moment.

Time slips by so swiftly, one's liable to miss much of it, far too easily if one doesn't take care not to...

Slow down. And thank God for all that he has blessed us with. And that we have a glorious future awaiting us to come.

Hope you don't mind, I had to share the photos below. They make me smile :) God bless pinterest :))



Cheerio.





8 comments:

  1. Aww thanks big sis :) Hey we can now sing *Sisters, Sisters..." in the proper season :) "White Christmas" here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture. So misty and mysterious.

    I'm glad you're enjoying the season! I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture for all its ambiance and the stories that could unfold from it's possibilities :) I'm glad you are loving this time of year too...it seems to get quite a bit more hectic...but so worth it :) THanks for stopping by Liz!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love all of the pictures you have posted here. You always come up with some of the best photos. They tend to draw my imagination into them. Btw, what is the name of that font that you use for the word Wayfaring on your banner. I always thought it was lovely; especially now that you have it in white. I keep experimenting with different script fonts and I am looking for the one that will keep me happy for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Collarcity: Aw thank you girly :) glad you enjoy the pics...I can get lost all day looking at photos like that. Without digging out my blog design files, I think that font is Exmouth. If not it is similar to Edwardian Script as well. I can find out though if none of those seem right :) Redesigning ones blog and remaining happy with it can be a never ending battle I think. Change is good though!! Thank you for the Thanksgiving well wishes- mine was splendid and I hope your was too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanine. I tried Exmouth and Edwardian Script and neither of them looked like it. I think your font is actually Champignon. It looks exactly the same. It did not look great though for the wording "Collar City Brownstone", but I came across many great script fonts in the process. I ended up changing my font to one called Great Vibes. Hopefully, I will remain happy with this one for a long while. :-)

      Delete
  6. Glad you had such a wonderful holiday, Jeanine!

    Enjoy the rest of the simple joys of this holiday season. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...