|photo by graciela|
It's time for me to spill the beans, my friends.
I'm so excited!!!!!
So if you are like me, you've got to be tired of having to wait months and months,
if not, forever, to get awesome UK shows our way in the USA.
I'm just not happy with settling for those really poor quality bootlegged versions
and/or the sites that "claim" they have the show you want to watch, make you pay exorbitant monthly prices to "subscribe" first and then you find out they tricked you and don't even have the show you are looking for!
--err not that I've ever resorted to this in my costume drama viewing obsession.
Anyhoo, not anymore...!
Ladies and Gents, let me introduce you to:
the Tunnel Bear.
It's simple and fast.
• Tunnel Bear is a service that allows you to “experience the internet as if you were living in a different country" while keeping your computer address secure and anonymous ("any online source that may try to check the origin of your internet connection will see Tunnel Bear’s server details instead of your own).
• For my UK friends it also allows you to gain access to US content and UK content if you are abroad.
• Tunnel Bear claims it's legal, which is awesome...and you can look further into that if you doubt it. Here's a very informative review of it from Macworld.
Here's How To:
1. Go to tunnelbear.com
2. Click "download;"
- the initial download is free and comes with 500mb of free data/per month.
Feel free to test it out. It's free. But if you are going to be watching streaming videos you will use up that 500mb after about 40 minutes of viewing time.
After watching almost one full episode of BBC's The Paradise, I was hooked, and chose to upgrade for $4.99/month you can have unlimited viewing.
3. Once you've downloaded Tunnel Bear you'll see this really cool brown retro looking radio pop up on your desktop. Click "on" and click "UK" on the radio nobs.
4. WALLAH! it's as easy as that. You're hooked in and ready to go.
I would give it a minute or two to "load" --see those white streaming bars...yeah, just let them fill the blue screen a bit. Be patient! And then you are good to go.
You can log on to BBC's iPlayer after you've done this and choose a show to watch
If you see the above message on your screen, than you have either not turned your Tunnel Bear switch to the UK setting or you have not let it load up like shown in the picture above.
Just wait another minute or two and then retry:
It should look like this: See, no message and ready to play!!
You can go to ITV's player online and catch some good stuff as well.
Tunnel Bear is so easy and such a gem, I can't believe I never heard of it before now!
I'm still leaping for joy!
Please do tell if this was informative and/or if you have any questions.
I tried to make it easy to understand.
upon downloading said application,
and clicking "play" on a fav new show, previously unavailable to you,
you may be overcome with feelings of extreme elation
and overall general feeling of exclaiming, "Mwah haahahaa."