Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ripper Street

This week's Costume Drama Spotlight is on a new BBC Mini-Series and thriller,
Ripper Street
An eight part drama series, produced for the BBC and airing in the UK sometime in October-ish,
in the US probably not until January of next year or so...
 
My brain hurts this weekend so I am going to make this lovely, short and sweet.
For those of you looking ahead to some good fall viewing, here's one to keep your eyes open for:
 
Synopsis straight from the BBC Brits:
 
"H Division is responsible for policing a relatively small area of just 1¼ square miles in Victorian London, yet into this space is packed some 67,000 people;
a seething, bustling mass of the poor and dispossessed.

Between the factories, rookeries, chop shops and pubs that mark out this maelstrom
moves Detective Inspector Edmund Reid (Matthew Macfadyen) – a forward thinking detective haunted by a tragic past mistake" (my guess--something having to do with letting Jack the Ripper slip out of his hands).
 
"Accompanied by the ever loyal local brawn of Detective Sergeant Bennett Drake (Jerome Flynn), Reid seeks to bring justice to a world that is forever on the brink of mayhem.

Ripper Street is not another backward-looking ‘Hunt the Ripper’ story, but a fictionalized trek into the heart of a London borough living in the blood soaked aftermath of that forever anonymous killer." -BBC


I love Victorian mysteries so I think this series looks promising.
Mr. Darcy/Arthur Clennam stars in this one, yay.
It looks rather dark and creepy, always a plus.

Let us know if and when you see this one and if it's a winner!
Have a wonderful week ahead, friends :)

and
Happy Viewing!


4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I want to see this so badly now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm... I've not heard of this one but Matthew MacFayden!? That sounds promising. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a super cute blog! I really am not sure how I found your blog (somebody's sidebar)I'm excited to be your newest follower and read more from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chronicler: I know, right??! :))

    @Rissi: I do like him too, definitely keep an eye out for this one :)

    @Sippycups; So happy you found me and thank you! I look forward to exploring your bloggy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...