Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The great and powerful...


Hello mid-week.
I'm so glad to see you.
And hello to you bloggy readers :)

How are you fairing this day?
I'm trying very hard to enjoy my evenings whilst still being productive
but find myself consistently trying to resist the impulse to slouch deep 
into the cushions of my couch and fall asleep.
Um, it's only like 7 pm.
So sleep, not an option yet.
Work has been super duper busy. I've got a bajillion
design deadlines I'm trying to keep up with.

My head kinda feels like it's going to explode.
Or implode.
Same disastrous result either way, I think.

I keep getting insane amounts of work piled on my desk.
I'm not sure if it's physically possible to complete it all in time.
I entertain thoughts of it sprouting feet and walking off my desk 
and far, far away from my to do box.

But I don't think rationally that's likely to happen.
Such is life I suppose when you are part of the workforce.
 And have bills to pay.
And have not been lucky enough to hit the lottery or make a million bucks.
Orrr
get caught in a gigantic twister and propelled
into another universe like our next Costume Drama Spotlight.

Anything's possible though...one can maintain hope :)

enough whining now.
I am grateful to have said work.
Yes, yes sirree.
____________________
Glinda
Costume Drama Spotlight
I am however very excited to give you a peak at the new poster art, pics and trailer for
Oz, The Great and Powerful
Directed by Sam Raimi and releasing March, 2013
This is a prequel to Frank L. Baum's
epically huge novel The Wizard of Oz, 1900.

Film starts in Black and White like the original :)

James Franco plays Oscar Diggs, small town magician.
aka (the Great and Powerful Oz --as we know him in the WofO)

Oscar longs to do something legendary with his life.
And then...
 he gets into a balloon.
And there's a maniacal twister afoot.
And up, up and away he goes
and he's transported to a land called
Oz.

He thinks he has it made in the shade because everyone thinks he is some 
great man they have been waiting for.

But there are problems skirting the fairytale land of Oz.
Things are not all they seem.
And then there are the three sisters who are there to take him to task on who he really is and
if he can really help them save Oz.

Enter: Glinda (Witch of the North) played by Michelle Williams
Theodora (Witch of the West) played by Mila Kunis   
and Evanora (Witch of the East) played by Rachel Weisz

Excited to see this one, folks.

Take a brief look and tell us what you think!



The End.

5 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting and fun, but I don't know if I will like a movie about Oz without Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm true...wouldn't it be fun if they give some kind of Dorothy foreshadowing...not sure how they could do it but you never know...tying it in with the original by the end of this one...we shall see...

      Delete
  2. Where have you been girlie girl??? Come on get back to blogging.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Collarcity: OMG, I know, I'm sorry! haha I've been remiss. Just call me blogger delinquent. Posting just for you today! :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...