Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Hollow Crown

As part of the 2012 Cultural Olympiad and BBC's Shakespeare Unlocked Season, (and for all you Loki/Avengers fans) BBC is airing

The Hollow Crown 

A series of Shakespeare's adaptations of Richard II, Henry IV (parts I and 2) and Henry V 

The episodes were directed by prestigious British stage directors and all filmed on location in the UK.

This series seems to have gotten quite rave reviews for the acting and quality of production. 

The main themes point towards power struggles, redemption, family conflicts and betrayal.

If you are from the UK you can probably view it online, or purchase it, but for us US'ers-- it should be airing in the US later this year or in January/Feb. What can be said folks, we US'ers are always stuck with the thin edge of the wedge when it comes time for broadcasting these adaptations.

But keep your eyes open for this one! And if you've seen it let me know what you thought!

Starring:
 Ben Whishaw (Bright Star) plays Richard II
Jeremy Irons plays Henry IV
Tom Hiddleston (Avengers, Cranford 2) plays Henry V



Happy Viewing!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo! Look, it's Lady Mary. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I have never heard of these! And just the pictures about made me salivate.

    :)

    I'm only 2 posts into your blog and I really love it. You must like owls (wanderWowl) and apparently you're a period drama expert. I think I'll go follow your blog now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...