Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Downton Season 3 Sneak Peak, Harvey Dent and Frozen Working Tundra

unk source
My teeth are clattering as I pound out words on the computer keyboard in an effort to generate some heat from the rigorous movement.

What??--"It's summertime in Florda?! Impossible to be cold!".

Yes well...my lovely employers keep this office building set to polar climate temps and I have a hard time adjusting to air conditioning deluge.

I've resorted to hovering over my desktop vanilla candle, extracting every possible vestige of warmth.

The problem: I'm wearing a cute green stripey dress, and while I have a backup sweater for just such emergenices, it is bright orange and clashes horribly.

What's a girl to do?

To be warm? or To be a style trainwreck?

Which would you choose?

*in case you were wondering I am on my lunch break writing this-- I'm being a good girl ;)
_______________________________

 On my drive into and from work everyday I see numerous "Vote For Dent" signs stuck haphhazardly about the sidewalk areas.

How much of a Batman nerd am I that I automatically assum it's Harvey Dent who's running for the position of District Attorney of Gotham City every time I pass one by??

It could also have to do with the fact that I went to see The Dark Knight Rises last weekend with some friends and family. Loved it. In my opinion, one of the best of the comic book-to-screen series.

_______________________________

Costume Drama Sneak Peak
This Downton Abbey picture off of their FB page  is genius.
Sneak Peak at upcoming Downton Abbey Season 3 from Masterpiece - airing January 6, 2013.

whoot, whoot!



It will be fab I'm sure.

Rumors are there is a surprise-ish wedding...maybe...and it has something to do with Miss Edith...

I think the Chauffeur and Sybil make a darling couple. Can't wait to see more of them.

_______________________________

I had delicious spinach and artichoke pizza and a strawberry blondie ice cream for dinner when I got home. My dad was over and he treated my sister and I. Very sweet of him :)

And a great way to start the weekend.

And I hope you all have a lovely weekend as well.

I have quite a bit of work to catch up on with the business. Hopefully I'll make lots of progress. That's the plan. In reality I may just lounge by the pool sun tanning. Again.

How will you spend your weekend?


Peace, my friends.

6 comments:

  1. Downton Abbey series 3? BRING. IT. ON. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rissi: That's what I'm talking about :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where I work it is cold too. So what I did was purchase a small heater which I keep under my desk. I use it all year round because in the winter time it is never warm enough in the office for me. My little heater heats up my cubicle area very nicely. I cannot work well when I am cold. I bought the heater about 5 years ago so I don't remember how much I paid for it but it could not have been more than $30.00.

    I am supposed to be writing a romance novel but I have not been focused enough to work on it for the past 3 weeks now. I have been so busy blogging and reading books in my spare time.

    I tried to get into Downton Abbey but it just hasn't pulled me in. I know that it is very popular though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @collarcity: Oh what a great idea!-small heater, here I come!! I'll have to shop around for one. Thanks for that :)

    I think that is phenomenal that you are writing a story. Keep at it! I have started one as well. That's on the back burner though until I can get these other tasks finished. Reading other books though is considered research and necesary prep when it comes to writing, so don't feel bad for that!

    I like DA but I would say, I hope they focus more on developing story lines out in new season, they have tended in the past to skip around too fast and try to cover too much. So I can understand maybe if that is why you havent felt particularly drawn in. Oh well... :)

    Thanks for stopping by girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely looking forward to season 3 of 'Downton Abbey' and I would like to see more of Sybil and Branson. I also have everything crossed for Bates and Anna!

    And as for being cold or being a style trainwreck? I'd pick the style trainwreck option - I can't stand being cold! Hope you managed to warm up whichever option you took :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this show,i can't waiting for downton abbey season 4 dvd box set ,so i want to buy the dvd and watch it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...