Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Various Nuggets of Delightfulness

"Costume Drama Photo Of The Day"

Can you guess which movie this is from?*
__________________
*hint...a bit scary :)

My apt is looking a little bit more "lived in" now.
I'm always so tired after work, I don't feel like doing much in the way of unpacking my boxes but
little by little it's coming right.

Yay for living room furniture! It makes a world of difference to have something
other than the hard floor to sit on. Very appreciative of my new couches.

So is Mr. Matty Pancks--and takes every opportunity to shed his furry fur on the cushions.

Liked the picture so much, I made it my wallpaper :) Reeses Pieces Peanut Butter M&M's
= my ONE weakness

___________________
Inspired by this quote today:

I shall not pass this way again...
"I shall pass through this world but once.
Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show
to any fellow creature, let me do so now.
Let me not defer or neglect it
for I shall not pass this way again "


Stephen Grellet, 1773-1855

_________________

A nugget that God totally blew me away with this week in my time with Him:

You and I were created entirely unique. A one of a kind expression of Him.
Therefore, my relationship with God is unlike ANY OTHER person's relationship to Himself
who has ever lived, or living now, or will be to come.

The same goes for you.

Because we are completely different from one another.

So each one of us will have a novel and new kind of relationship with him than he has ever had,
with anybody else.

And that is one of the reasons He absolutely delights in spending time KNOWING us.

We are each unrepeatable and distinctly individualized.

 And He is fully captivated...

by YOU, my friend.

_________________

Unsure of the photo reference :( But it's beautiful :)


 The End.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely post! That bit at the end is just beautiful:) I have no idea what movie the picture is from...will you let us know? Also, your home is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stopped by Lauren. Thank you for your lovely compliments :) You're profile pic always makes me want to enjoy some tea :)

      Delete
  2. Your apartment looks so cozy! I could totally come over and eat Reeses Pieces Peanut Butter M&M sundaes and watch Little Dorrit with you... ohh.. *sigh* :)

    And the bit you shared at the end is truly glorious. It put a new sparkle in my evening. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you Kellie, and it is very cozy :) Umm...Sundaes and Little Dorrit? yes please!!! I am due for a viewing of this movie, I must say. We should work this out!! haha Blessings girly!!!

      Delete
  3. Hm... the pretty pic has me at a loss. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...you know after I posted it, I was like, sheesh. Could I have been any more vague 'you know how many costume drama movies there are out there??' it could be like from anything! haha... It's a long shot... haha

      Delete
  4. I have no idea what movie that picture is from but it is lovely. I love the huge framed pictures you have leaning up against the wall. The one that you put up over the bookcase looks nice there. Be careful of hanging pictures too high. I was told that pictures are best hung at face level. I am only 5'6" so to me that is too low but I don't hang my pictures too much higher than that except for some that I have in my kitchen and one over my wood stove. I have to admit that I like the lower level hanging because you can better admire the pictures.

    The sofa and chair look very comfy and cozy. Don't worry about being too tired after work. Just take your time to make your apartment the way you want it to be. It is your sanctuary away from the outside world. It is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved what you wrote about picture hanging. I never realized there were rules, and that totally makes sense too! Although I should mention that the pic that is hung so high on that one particular wall, is done for a reason--the tv, if and when I ever get one, will go there on that table. Maybe! Not sure yet. So I hung that pic up high :) But I will keep in mind that advice for all my other pics!! Plus I'm short. I appreciate low hung pics :)Love your advice girly!!! As always thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...