Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Something Scary This Way Comes...Spotlight

Well if you didn't guess which movie the previous post's "costume drama photo of the day" was from--which I'm pretty sure you'd have to be a costume drama mastermind to figure out...

Just tryin to get you to stretch your minds an all...

This week's Spotlight, based on that photo, is a classic Victorian Thriller.

"Even a man who is pure of heart
and says his prayers by night
may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
and the autumn moon is bright."

Does this narrow it down for you? :)

The Wolfman
Starring Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt, and Benicio del Toro
It's 1891.
Benicio plays a guy named Ben who is a "world-renowned actor".
His brother dies by a mysterious creature.
He is summoned back home to his family's creepy Blackmoore estate.
His brother had a fiance.
Enter Emily Blunt's character.
They form an easy friendship.
His dad, not so much.
Anthony Hopkins character, as his father, is fantastically sinister
and yet surprisingly protective of his family.
Especially when word gets out that there is a monster loose.
The men band together to find him.

And then there are many good scenes of running through woods in the dark.
Why do they always do this??
And Gypsy camps
and cool scenes of London at night.

I wont tell you how it ends. 
Was I happy with how it ended?
Let's just say, I could have come up with a more satisfying and equally epic ending.
Why they didn't consult me, I'm still stumped...

But this movie was brilliantly eerie and suspenseful.
I loved all the leads and Benicio is a very good actor, I'm surprised he's not in more movies.
It's a little gruesome in parts, so if you are of a sensitive viewing nature,
you may want to skip, skip some parts :)
So have you seen this?
What did you think?
Yay or Nay?


the_wolfman_by_Erin Kelso (aka Bluefooted)
 (an artists rendering of their own interpretation of the story)

Happy Viewing.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo I like the looks of it! I think I will have to watch it in bright daylight, though :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeedy. Keep some lights on :)) heehee

      Delete
  2. Never watched this one - the whole vampire/werewolf thing isn't my thing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...yes, I hear you on the vampire thing...I didn't like Red Riding Hood the new one--based on the "werewolf" story--ugh. This one, though--because of the quality of the actors I had to give it a shot :) Thank you girly as always for stopping by, I love reading your comments :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...