Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Home, Fairy Tail Montage and Epic Rogers-ness

Fairy Tale; Bajka

Greetings friends,

I am supremely happy for after 2 weeks I have finally acquired internet for my apt.

What great things have I to share with you this fine evening then?
Well, a grand consortium of things if you must know.

• An epic youtube video that I think you absolutely must view.
• Some sensational fairy tale concept art and photography.
Etc and etc.

But first let me show you a pic of my new digs!
My apt is the one on the ground floor. The place above me is empty--you can be my neighbor and join me on the West Coast of Florida if you'd like! We'll have fun.

 The view outside my living room/ screened lanai. Sublime.
 Me welcoming you inside my new place, before all the boxes arrived. 

Might I take a moment to add--unloading a van full of
belongings during a downpour of rainy madness--not so fun...
Or particularly advisable for safety reasons.
 But heck--did we care??
nahhh.
What?? You slipped with my lamp in hand??
Is my lamp okay?
Oh right--are you okay?

heh heh heh

Adds a whole new dimension to the experience.

It's nice to be settling in. And I'm loving the area. Lots to see and do.
And by do, I mean eating. 
My goal is to eat at every unheard of eatery in a roughly 40 mile radius.
I tried some Pad Tha at a cute Thai Restaurant in the area that my Aunt found and
it is heavenly. And then there is the ice cream place down the road.

I have five words for you:
Sweetberries' Reeses Peanut Butter Sundae

Here's a blurry picture of me eating an ice cream bar so you get the full effect.
I'm going to gain 50 pounds now that I'm down here.
It's the sun. It makes me hungry. 
Often.

I got a job.
Thank you Jesus.
I'm working as a graphic designer/communications assistant.
Very, very grateful for this perfect job for me right now :) 
________________________

 I went to see this movie.
Was I disapointed?
Um...no.
I wished it ended a little differently but overall it was really pretty good I thought!
Kristin Stewart didn't have a lot of lines--slightly odd since she's one of the title characters but she did a lot better than I imagined when I originally heard the casting.

Christ Hemsworth was perfect. So was Charlize.
I liked the darker spin on this. Wished there was more dialogue between the two leads.

You must see it if you haven't already.
It was good..
And
they are making a sequel.
double yay :)
________________________

My sister sent me a link to see this epic video:


I adored Mr. Rogers growing up. 
Faithfully watched his lovely little show.

This video is pure genius and envelopes me in warm and fuzzy childhood nostalgia.
I can't stop smiling throughout this whole video.
I would have liked to shake this man's hand.

________________________
Peruse these lovely fairy tale concept art and photography.
Love them! Want some of those dresses down below.
Jeff Simpson, concept art for Snow White & the Huntsman
Jeff Simpson, concept art for Snow White & the Huntsman
concept art for Tangled
arthur elgort photo





Good Night.







11 comments:

  1. YAY! Glad you are blogging again, Jeanine. :-)

    Your new place looks nice - and who wouldn't enjoy the sunny-ness of Florida? (Not that I've ever been, mind you. LOL!)

    LOVED 'Snow White.' Like you, I thought Kristen was better than anticipated while Charlize and Chris were AWESOME. I'd still have liked to see another actress in the lead but still... she didn't ruin the effect. :-) It has been fun to read everyone's differing thoughts but I love that there is a sequel - hopeful part 2 will be even more awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thank You Rissi :)) You should come down, I'd love for you to stay we'd have much fun :) I loved your review of Snow White. We think so similarly, it's funny! :)) It will be very interesting to see what they make of the sequel.

      Delete
    2. If I ever would get down there, I'd bet we would!! :-)

      I am very curious about a 'Snow White' sequel - in my mind, I have hopes that it will be stronger. Only time will tell.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you are back!!! It's so nice to read a post by you:-) Your new home looks lovely. I will have to see Snow White. I've wanted to, so it's nice to hear that you liked it! All of those pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren--it will look more lovely when I get furniture! haha I still don't have a living room set. Pictures on the wall next i think. It's amazing how a room can change when there is delicious wall decor :)) Go see Snow White! I think you will like it.

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh I'm so jealous of your new job/apartment! Congrats :) I love looking at your pictures, I just get lost in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those pics lovely. Sighh. So pretty. And thank you, God really opened the right doors for me when I decided I wasn't going to settle for something I would dread doing because I was afraid I wouldn't get anything better! He's so amazing when we actually let him do what he wants to do for us :) So happy you stopped by, girl.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new job - it sounds great! And now I'm a little tempted to move to Florida - your apartment looks lovely. Oh, and yes, I wouldn't mind some of those fairy tale dresses myself either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes-thank you! It certainly came in the nick of time. Now I have a little spare change in my pocket haha. You can come and stay in my place if you let me go and stay in your place in jolly ole England :)I would luvvv that! hahaha

      Delete
    2. That would be awesome! Well, if you're ever heading over to England let me know, and if I can ever save enough money to fly to Florida I'll let you know. It may be just a distant dream, but you never know! Argh, sorry, there are too many 'knows' in this comment!

      Delete
  5. Your apartment in sunny Florida looks so lovely. The views from it to the outdoors is also very nice. Florida is a nice place to live. I just happen to really love all four seasons so I remain in the Northeast.

    Congratulations on landing a job. I hope that everything about it turns out fabulous. I enjoy my work but being a part of corporate America does have its downside every now and then. All in all I am happy where I am working.

    Anyway, it is good to know that you are in your new apartment and life back in Florida is settling in nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...