Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Up and Coming Costume Dramas 2

I know you've all been waiting for some up and coming Costume Drama spotlights,
so I shant disappoint.

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door."
Edgar Allan Poe

#1. You may have seen this first one in theaters, it just recently came out.
I have not had the chance to view it yet, but it seems fascinating. 
And gory.
And set in the winding, back ally streets of Baltimore, Maryland in the 1800's,
which makes it...?
a gothic thriller.

The Raven
Starring John Cusack, Alice Eve and Luke Evans

Edgar Allen Poe is enlisted to help a Baltimore police detective uncover a string of 
murders based on his own poems. 

Love this poster art released for the movie.
  


 #2. Next up...a fantasty/adventure story...

A young farmer, unwittingly discovers a gateway into another world, triggering the continuation of an ancient war involving outlandishly large and grotesque Giants.
And yes, there is a princess that needs rescuing.


Jack The Giant Killer 
Directed by Bryan Singer (X-Men) and starring Nicholas Hoult, Ewan McGregor, Bill Nighy

And because a picture, or string of them in rapid succession,
is worth a thousand more words...
Have a look see.



#3. My favorite fairy tale movie is coming to the big screen...
Emma Watson is to play Belle in an adaptation entitled: Beauty,
and directed by Guillermo Del Toro, who is an excellent director (Pans Labrynth)
and as a result: I think this new version will be awesomeness.
Andrew Davies (Bleak House, P&P 1995) is writing the script

Slated to come out end of 2013ish.

Sorry, I know this one is out there a bit...but just file it away, and if I hear more I'll spill.


Loved the animated version as a girl. My fav :))

Well, that's all for now, friends.

Let me know your thoughts on any of these. 
And if you hear of any interesting costume drama-ry, throw them
my way!

The End.

9 comments:

  1. Emma Watson as Beauty? Heck yes!

    Suddenly there are so many more movies I want to see!!!

    P.S. I have missed your spotlights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited about all of those!!! But mostly the last one, 'cause it goes without saying that Beauty and the Beast is the best faerie tale EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty & the Beast is my all-time favourite Dinsey film! Thanks for sharing info on upcoming costume dramas, as although I knew about The Raven, I didn't know anything about the other two :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that we all agree Beauty & the Beast is amazing, and I'm so looking forward to the shows coming up this fall and movie.

    @Chronicler: I love Emma Watson, I think she will be great in it too :))

    @KatySue: I fully agree with you. Great minds, dearie :))

    @FireFairy: Let me know what you think of them if you get to see them! My fav movie, too!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew there was a blog post on my dashboard that I missed checking out! It was yours! =)

    OH. MY. GOSH! May I just take a moment to process this...

    Andrew Davies + new Beauty and the Beast adaptation = brilliant!

    Only thing is... didn't Davies write "P&P" (A&E) and other BBC productions? Fellowes is the creator of Downton Abbey. Either way, I cannot wait to see Beauty. (*groan* End of 2013!? Really. *cries*) There are also two television shows in the works - looks like us fairy-tale fanatics are set for a while. Yes! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rissi: OMG, good catch with Davies...I knew that sounded wrong when I wrote that... haha I changed it :))) But yes, I agree it will be a brilliant production I think....only wish it wasn't so far off... and yes, those two shows look very intriguing as well, I did a blog post on them a little while ago. Just can't go wrong with that story :)

    Always know I can count on you for the facts, girly...haha thanks for stopping by!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well, it hardly matters one way or another seeing as both are wonderful scripter's. =)

      Delete
  7. I LOVE Belle too! I'm also super excited about Disney World adding onto Fantasy Land and making the Beast's castle and library and a "Be Our Guest" restaurant!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Emily: Oh, I had not heard of this! Now that I am back down here, I will have to keep an eye out for when it's finished! Love that library!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...