Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Downton Abbey Christmas and more images

It's no lie.

I love Downton Abbey.

And as such, I have posted about them, um, a few times. But I just unearthed newly released images from the two hour Christmas special airing in the UK on December, 25, 2011.

They are so lovely and I just had to share! Can't wait to see what happens...I will post link as soon as available.

For those of you unfamilar with this period drama series it was written by Julian Fellowes (The Young Victoria, From Time to Time, The Importance of Being Earnest).

The story centers around the aristocratic lives of the Earl and Lady Grantham, their three daughters and their servants during the early 1900's.

This series has become the most successful British costume drama since 1981's Brideshead Revisited and in 2011 it entered the Guinness Book of World Records as the 'most critically acclaimed television show' for the year, becoming the first British show to ever win this accolade. (wikipedia)

If you haven't seen this series yet, I would suggest you sit back, grab a favorite hot beverage and proceed down the country lane that leads up to Downton Abbey. I think you just might enjoy yourself.

Below are more images from the Christmas special and then more from the 2nd season (that will be airing in the States in January on PBS or, if you just can't wait (like me) you can click here to see them online.

Enjoy.



Season 2 Images below...



Bit of fun on the set :)


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Just gorgeous!

    Apart from being worried about the whole Bates/Anna situation (love them together!), I am delighted with seeing S2. Cannot wait until I get my copy in the mail. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like a show I'd love to watch on dvd! And the picture of the beautiful blonde at the table w/candles wearing a black dress looks like it could be from this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many teaser pictures! I don't know if I can wait! agh! It gives me something to look forward to I suppose. :) I still have to finish the second season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Downton Abbey, and can't wait for the Christmas special! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rissi: I just love the beauty of the costumes and filming of this series, it really is beautiful! I love Bates and Anna together too, soo cute and I wonder what is going to possibly happen with that whole fiasco. But I am hopeful!

    @Laura: Yes, yes, you would love it I am sure! :)) The costumes are one of the best things about this series, and I agree, I would totally wear that dress she is wearing :)

    @Kate: haha I know, picture overload, and when I was trying to pick which ones to put on here, I just kept finding good ones and couldn't imagine not posting them...haha Arrgghhh the wait!

    @Firefairy: I'm so glad you do! You are so lucky, you will get to see it before the rest of us! :)) I seriously need to move over there. You have the best television programming, among other things :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. What splendid apparel and coifs. Absolutely gorgeous. I have never seen this drama but I've heard so many people rave about it. I wonder if the first season is available on netflix?
    Thanks for sharing xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. J-9- I lovvvvvve that last picture of lavinia. :)
    Can't wait for S3!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh! I stumbled across the first season of Downton Abbey on Netflix and fell in love with it. Can't wait to watch the second season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I seriously need to watch this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Downton Christmas photographs. I attended a Downton Abbey event at Highclere Castle (where it is filmed) in Berkshire. I met some actors from the series & saw some of the costumes & props. Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...