Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Great Expectations to be had


Period Drama Spotlight for you this week, friends...

It is a new take on an old classic by Charles Dickens.
In December of 2011, the BBC is releasing a new three part adaptation of  
Great Expectations.

A BBC spokeswoman said the new version would
"give us the heart and guts of Dickens at his very best" and just in time for Christmas.

From the looks of the images released so far it does promise to be a lush and haunting rendering
of this story. While never one of my absolute favorites by Dickens (I have always loved Oliver Twist, Martin Chuzzlewit, and Our Mutual Friend--being my favorite) it is still a master classic and
I will look forward to seeing what this new production does with this timeless tale.

It stars Gillian Anderson (from Bleak House, X-files), David Suchet (Poirot), and Douglas Booth.

Check these lovelies out...and the trailer is below!




Cheers :)




5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this one. It is a bit more eccentric than its counterparts - even by Dicken's standards, but it will be fun to see a new adaptation. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove Charles Dickens. Long live the BBC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH! I can't wait! I love that you feed my addiction. :)
    *echos* "Long live the BBC!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks like its going to be good

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looks like it will be quite an interesting bit of entertainment, Neen. They've done a good job of making the characters look so grim.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...