Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Abduction Club

((update 9/25/11))

I have been wanting to post a Period Drama Spotlight on this movie for simply EVER, and initially  was unable to find a link for you to watch it. And I refuse to post spotlights on here if there is no way to get a hold of them I mean, how totally frustrating would that be??


So was the case with this movie...couldn't rent, buy, steal or spy out where it was hiding.... until now!

And because it is unavailable (especially for us Americans) and that reason only,  I have uploaded it from a friend in Belgium who happened upon it... and it's on a secondary site.

What's the title of this hard to find, not widely known, fun piece of period drama gem-ery???

Drum roll.......please.

The Abduction Club
Loosely based on real life events, this movie is set in Ireland in the 18th century, and follows a 
group of rich and noble "second born sons" who, since they will not inherit a large fortune or their family's estate, adopted the custom of "abducting" wealthy heiresses from their homes for a day or two in hopes that they will be able to woo and properly convince the lady to marry them. 

The idea is to pick a lady that they already have an established relationship with so the chances of 
her saying yes, are much higher. 

This story follows two rather reckless young men, Garrett Byrne and James Strang, as they attempt to pull off a successful abduction and the chaos and unexpected conflicts that arise from their hastily made choices of two headstrong sisters who don't take too kindly to being treated in such slipshod
fashion.


 I just love this movie.
It's so cute, and such a good laugh.
And a must share with you.

And such a crazy idea, eh?? I had no idea this custom was ever practiced.

Noooo, thankyou.

So you have to tell me what you think, and/or let me 
know if you've already seen it!

To watch The Abduction Club movie:
message me for video files@
Happy Viewing!








4 comments:

  1. Aww Jeanine! This is one of the very many reasons I love stopping by your blog. I've been wanting to see this film for a very long time! It looks like a much more sophisticated version of seven brides for seven brothers (a film I absolutely despise!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that you've wanted to see this movie!!! It's great...I never thought of the correlation to 7brides47brothers but now that I think about it, it totally fits (mostly :)) and it does have some of that same zany-ness to it but of course no breakouts into song and dance. Love it!

    If you want to try and view it, shoot me an email!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I have been wanting to see this. However, I was able to download all but part 7 - it says there's a video error - and I know I don't want to start watching it if I can't finish it. Can you help?

    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man! I wish they'd release this to DVD! I'd love to watch it like that. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...