Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Little About Me...




Just in case you were wondering about who the girl is writing this blog:

A few random things that make me happy:

Reading.
It is divine. I have spent probably thousands and thousands of hours of my life, reading. Kinda crazy when you think about it...But I ask you, how else can we find ourselves transported to diverse and varying destinations?
From the banks of the Nile, journeying with the Israelites, to the courts of Queen Esther as she arrayed herself with fine linens, perfume and courage to face her king, to the grassy hillside, where the multitudes sat at the feet of Jesus to listen to him teach, to the trees of Sherwood Forest as we canter at break-neck speeds next to Robin Hood and his Merry Men (??Merry?), to the city of Bath in London, where Captain Wentworth is penning his undying devotion to Anne Elliot...

Yeppers, reading is FANTASTIC.

Exploring.
I love the word, explore. It makes me want to uncover something, long-hidden, from the eyes of the world. An old keepsake. A vintage artifact. A secret garden :)




Travel.
So many places and destinations to see. My favorites are historical locations. Oh, and the entire country of England. Yes, I would very much like to go back for a long visit sometime soon.
I have moved around a lot in my life and enjoy "starting over" in a new location, although
beautiful upstate New York will always seem like homey home to me.



Shopping.
Need I say more?  
Vintage inspired fashion is my favorite thing right now.
And antiques. 
And books. But I think I mentioned that one before.
I'm a sucker for Amazon dot com.



The Word aka The Bible.
I haven't always really gotten the importance of being consistent in reading God's Word, but I can honestly say that I have come to believe it is absolutely vital to my existence now, and sanity, and peace of mind, and growth as a child of God. It is a letter from His heart to ours. A blueprint. A map. A guide. An incredible, unfolding story that you and I are actually a part of.


I guess you could say I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie. I guess I wouldn't have lasted as long as I have as an Emt/Paramedic in EMS, if I wasn't.
I love a challenge.
I tend to be a procrastinator...sometimes I just need that added pressure of time crunch to get my butt in gear.
I adore classic period dramas (if you couldn't tell).
I am a fanatic for good music–all kinds.
I love to create things, from fine art, to graphic design, to cooking up yummy food dishes.
I am enjoying life as a single for however long that may be. No worries.

I am far from perfect, but I endeavor to live my life to please my Lord, Jesus.

He is the Author of me.

Now, your turn. How would you describe you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...