Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lark Rise To Candleford


This week's Period Drama spotlight is on...a drum roll please...Lark Rise to Candleford.
A delightful and engaging television series based on the autobiographical novel by Flora Thompson.

The setting?
Late Nineteenth Century Oxfordshire, England.

The story?
It follows the life of a young girl who moves from her country home in Lark Rise to begin an apprenticeship as a postmistress in the bustling and much more posh town of Candleford.

I promise this show has a way of drawing you in...very subtly at first, until before you know it, you are eagerly anticipating each new season with avid anticipation and interest.

It portrays the lives and times of various unique and memorable characters, from common laborers, and farmers, craftsman, and farmer's wives, to business owners, clergy and gentry.

In my opinion there just isn't that much good television viewing out there anymore, as I'm sure many of you would agree with me, and that is why I find this show so refreshing and entertaining. Good, clean entertainment. Not quite an oxymoron yet...

Where can you view it?
Well, since America has not caught on to this show yet, no big surprise thereeven after three seasons, your only hope to view it is on Youtube. Never fear, I shall post the link to the first episode at the bottom. 

If ever you find you have a bit of free time, take a journey back in time and visit with the folks of Lark Rise and Candleford. I think you will be glad you did.


2 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing this. i've been watching it on youtube from your link and it is the sweetest series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I'm so glad you stopped by to let me know you are enjoying the series :)) I think it was such a nice story and I always feel I step back in time when I watch this one. I'm only sad they never kept it going for longer!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...