Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Illustrations galore!

I've been wanting to put together a post on some impressively outstanding illustrations and
art work I've stumbled upon, and today I finally had a chance to.
Just a few artist spotlights, to wet your appetites.

Love, love, love illustration. I wish I could spend hours of my time becoming more
accomplished at this, exploring it out, practicing, and honing skills...but I simply have 
too many other things I am trying to focus on that I can't seem to find the extra 
time to devote to it. For now. 

Illustration was one of my favorite
classes in Design school. As much as I love Graphic Design,
I immensely love the creative outlet that presents itself through placing good
ole' pencil and paint to paper and canvas. 
Mmhhh...delightful.
I get shivers just thinking about it :))

I particularly love portrait and people-based art. It is fascinating to me to be able to capture 
a life form on paper and with the mere stroke of a writing implement, bring them to life...
Have them take on the shapes and physical characteristics of real-life human beings.
It's fascinating.
Interesting.
Craziness.

Below are just a few paintings and illustrations I thought I'd share with you this week.

Enjoy.
The iconic Gibson Girl drawings by Charles Gibson. Wish I could style my hair
this way today and get away with it :)


 Cole Phillips; painter in the turn of the 20th century; very stylistic. check out
how their clothing shapes meld right into the background. Love this!

Lt. Edmund Dulac; Rt. Ruth Sanderson


Painting is just another way of 
keeping a diary. 
~Pablo Picasso

 Ruth Sanderson

 

 Charles Gibson

unk

Lena Sotskova

Ok...and one more!

sorry, don't know this one either...but the artist certainly created an outstanding sense of 
movement and action here. sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...