Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hello I'm Jeanine and I'm a Veggie Saurus

It's true. I am a vegetarian.
Well...mostly. Most of the time.

I am trying to eliminate all traces of meat, processed, and artificial foods from my diet.



Some weeks I succeed.
Other weeks I hear little twix bars and chickens chirping my name and taunting: "Eat me, Eat me."
And then I give in. (I should really throw out that left over halloween candy)
It's ok though. No worries. Pick myself up, and start again.

Mostly eliminating bad stuff is better than not at all, right?
This new lifestyle finds me shopping for mostly organic and natural foods now.
Fun, fun.
And nowadays, supermarkets stock a much wider variety of these
kinds of food alternatives then ever before.

My one complaint: why does eating healthy have to cost so much more? It doesn't make sense!

It's like food companies want us to get sick from eating all their junk and highly processed food so that we, in turn, will have to go to the doctor when we come down with all sorts of diseases and high blood pressure and cholesterol and then pay out loads of money for prescription medications that, in turn, cause massive side effects that make us sicker than before. We turn to more junk food because it is "comfort food" and we think–makes us feel better, and then the whole cycle is perpetuated again.

I smell a GIANT conspiracy.

Sheesh.
Oh well, this whole revamping of my diet-thing is worth it. Especially if I can bypass cancer and a host of other diseases. And save poor, innocent, just trying to live their lives like they were created to–animals.

"Oh look just there, a cute cow!...Oh ok, let's eat it..????
Seriously, does anyone else feel barbaric doing this?

So, I am trying, with all my will-power, to be a more conscientious eater.
We are commanded to be good stewards of our bodies, right?

Let me assure you, if you turn to a mostly vegetarian or vegan lifestyle you wont be disappointed or feel deprived, in the least!
I am so relieved to tell you that there are tons of great alternatives.
And don't worry...
You wont turn into an emaciated stick figure with your ribs poking out. 
Your skin wont turn green from eating more vegetables.
And you wont faint from lack of energy walking from your house to your car, in the morning.
I promise. 

I find, that I don't miss meat AT ALL! I'm so excited about this fact. 

Let me give you one, fantastic dinner menu that will leave you chucking your chicken and chopped meat back in the freezer, or better yet, into the trash!:

Fresh Leafy Green Salad (with chopped purple onion,tomatoes, broccoli heads chopped small and whatever else you want to add in there)

Baked Potatoes (nicely seasoned with Sea Salt, pepper, and Onion Powder)

Zucchini (green squash) Puffs (shredded zucchini mixed with bread crumb, grated cheese, an egg and some seasonings and then fried until brown)

 = yum yum

I also wanted to leave you with an excerpt from a book that really encouraged me to start thinking seriously about what I eat and to take some drastic changes to the way I plan and shop for meals:

from The Hallelujah Diet by George Malkmus:

Why Should We Consume Mostly Plant-based Foods?
"The design of the human body is not like that of carnivorous mammals;
our digestive tract was not designed to properly digest and dispose of meat. 
Carnivorous mammals have a relatively short and straight digestive tract that eliminates
meat waste efficiently. Herbivores and humans have a much longer digestive tract that includes many bends and pockets. Because our stomach acid is not designed to completely break down meat (as it does with plant based foods), undigested meat can get trapped in these bends and pockets. Here it can putrefy for days, delaying elimination and thus causing toxicity—a key component of disease creation.

As detailed in The Hallelujah Diet book, food has the amazing power to both create and destroy health. The dense, living nutrients found in a diet of primarily raw, plant-based foods and their juices are the ingredients needed to meet and satisfy your cells’ nutritional needs, restore damaged cells and rebuild whole-body health that will last a lifetime."

Genesis 1:29: “And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat [food].”

Bon Appetit! 
(and try those zucchini puffs- they're really good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...