Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Hat Says It All

"Fashion is a kind of communication;
it's a language without words. 
A great hat speaks for itself." 
unknown author

Ahh so lovely. I would wear a hat like any pictured in this post, in a heartbeat– if I thought I could get away with it, that is. Unfortunately, most of these lovelies wouldn't look good with a tee and jeans...Hhmm...maybe I should rethink my style.

If I could, I would wave my magic time period warp-ing wand and transport us to a time where
it was fashionable and highly appropriate to wear these exquisitely unique creations perched precariously atop voluminous tresses. 
Sigh...if only...
 

"Saying you don't look good in a hat is like saying 
you don't look good in shoes!"
unknown author
Daniel Deronda
Cold Mountain
Sense & Sensibility
The phrase: Mad as a Hatter originated because in order to bind felt fibres the millinery industry used mercury. Felt fluff would be inhaled by the milliners and over time the mercury would drive them mad. 
Princess Kaiulani 
We lose 20% of our body heat from our head...mainly from the forehead as it has no insulation. 

Perfect reason to indulge oneself with the wearing of one, no?

The Duchess

 Downton Abbey

Early 1900's to mid 1940's hat styles were exquisite...

Love this vintage advert below:


Um...don't mind if I do.

((Anybody know where I can get one??:))

Love these photos of Audrey Hepburn...

Or, if you simply can't find any other inspiration for what should adorn your head...

You could always go with this look:
:))



No photographic copyright infringement intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...