Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

From Time to Time

Oh dear, I haven't had a chance to keep up with my blog this week. I have been swamped with school, as finals, and research papers, and presentations stack up–waiting for me to bring them all to a swift and speedy conclusion. Which I shall do, post haste...just give me another few days! 
Can't wait to be done...at least for awhile. Ready for the break.

I thought I would leave you with a quick Period Drama Review for the week.
I just couldn't not post one for you...it being just so vital and important to your lives.  
I know, I know...humor me...


From Time To Time
based on the novel, Chimneys of Green Knowe by Lucy M Boston
directed by Julian Fellowes

This movie is a lovely family film, with a touch of a mystery, and some long hidden family secrets waiting to be uncovered. It is set in England, in the days winding up to the end of WWII. 

Tolly, a 13 year old boy, goes to stay with his grandmother (Maggie Smith) in their splendid, dusty old ancestral home, while he waits for news on his missing father–a soldier. 

Things are not all as they appear though, and he soon realizes he can slip back and forth between his ancestors' time and his own. And it appears, he does so–just in time,
so he can try and solve a mystery that could hopefully save 
his family from impending ruin. 
 The movie deals with family relationships, class prejudices, and a bit of greed and snobbery.
I love Hugh Bonneville and Maggie Smith. They are superb in this. Alex Etel plays Tolly, and I just think he is so adorable. He's a great actor as well. I loved him when I first saw him in Cranford and so I was quite delighted to see him in a starring role 
and thought he mastered it. Bravo!
 

I love the idea of being able to travel back in time. I think I would have to pay a vistit to the Regency Era, see what the Austen times were really like–in person. Verrrry interesting, I'm sure. This would be the first place of many, many I'd go back to...

What Time Period Would You Travel To If You Could?

Well, that's about all I have time for right now...hope to post again super soon.

And as always, happy viewing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...